Lester Fire Department
The Lester Fire Department was formed in 1892, but the earliest records are dated from May 1933. The number of firefighters varies, but it is typically around 16 volunteers. Each firefighter undergoes many hours of training to become certified, and to maintain a current status. The department has a fire hall that houses a pumper unit, two tankers, grass fighting unit, and the Lester Rescue Squad’s ambulance.